My top 10 reasons why I love being a paramedic

Hi readers! You are probably reading this blog because the title struck your eyes. In the text of Five content marketing strategies, I find the lists is the best way to attract someones attention. It can be very informing and trusting because it is based on human experiences that can be convincing to the readers. I will talk about my top 10 reasons why I chose the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care. With it, I will demonstrate you its efficiency.

1. Helping people

When someone is calling 911, it is because they need my help. There is no better feeling knowing that you are needed by others. Also, by helping them, you can make  a difference in their lives. Plus, at the end it is rewarding because they are grateful for what I have done for them.

2. Exitement 

Every day is a different day with different calls. It is not always action pack calls, but there are moments when you receive calls that can be very high stakes environment. Arriving on the call, you get a rush of adrenaline because you are on the spot and there is no room for errors. On the other hand, there are days when you will have the opportunity to assist sport events, and that I find very exciting.

3. Outdoor work

As a paramedic, you are always on the road and I love it! You have the chance to enjoy the beauty of nature and the city that I live in. In Quebec, we have the chance to live different seasons. Although, we can have some crazy snowstorms, but that something I can live with. Also, you get the chance to discover others cities and people.

4. Storytime 

When you are a paramedic, people ask all the time a particular question: what is the craziest thing you've ever seen? You will have endless of amount of stories to tell that will captivate your audience.

5. Downtime 

Montreal is a big city with so many people, but it is not everyday you will get a lot of calls. During your standby, I can do many things like chatting with my partner, study for my test, watching videos and much more!

6. Active job

You have to be in shape for this job! There is a lot of equipment that needs to be carried. Also, when you arrive on the call, there are stairs that you need to take to reach the patient. When  is time to go, you need to lift the patients and bring him down by the stairs you took and loading him into the ambulance

7. Communication 

The variety of people that calls 911 is outstanding! You will develop communication skills depending on the age, the race, the culture  and the language. Usually, when you are intervening on a call, the level of stress if very high you will need to find a way to bring down the level of stress. You are constantly interacting so you won't be bored!

8. Specialisation

You can become then a paramedic! If you want to challenge yourself, you can be part of a tactical medical response group to respond to terrorist attacks. Also, if you desire to pursue your studies, you can become an advance paramedic. As an advance paramedic, you will be able to give more medications and to perform risque acts that can be a huge dose of adrenaline.

9. Driving an ambulance

I find we have the most beautiful ambulance in the world because of the shape and the fact how well it is equip. It's very fun driving an ambulance, especially when you are driving fast with lights and sirens!

10. Uniform

One of my biggest problem is finding something to wear! As a paramedic, i don't need to worry about that because I have the uniform. Also, on the job it happens that you'll need to intervene in unsanitary places. With the uniform, you won't worry about staining your favorite shirt.





Comments

Popular Posts